Texas Great Pyrenees Rescue will provide all needed medical care for any foster dog in our adoption program. The following are considered routine care for every dog. We require that every foster dog seen by a vet within 10 days of acquisition for an intake exam to evaluate overall health.
- Rabies vaccination as required by law
- DA2PPvLCv/Bordetella vaccination
- Heartworm testing (Snap/Occult Test)
- Worming for intestinal worms (Drontal/Stongid T)
- Monthly heartworm preventative (provided by TGPR)
TGPR does not routinely pay for leptospirosis vaccination or for canine influenza vaccinations.